Re: Caddx/Ademco Downloading

"G. Morgan" <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:d7k6o2hl1t0pfoagmcifj4aksr6guahtl3@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:34:39 -0600, "Mark Leuck"
> <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> >"Roland" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> I think that depends on the dealer and the panel brnd he uses most. The
> >DSC
> >> factory guys tell me that 90% of their dealers don't download. Bosch is
> >> nearly 100% that do download and Napco and Honeywell are in the middle.
> >> don't know if there are any formal surveys to back up that information
or
> >> not.
> >
> >I was told the 5% by Honeywell and DSC reps but something else to
consider
> >is...
> >
> >Bosch you pretty much have to since the only other method is with an $800
> >programmer although the new panels are keypad programmable
> >
> >Napco is so slow and time consuming it's almost mandatory
> >
> >DSC can be keypad programmed quicker than I can connect with it via
> >downloader
> >
> >Honewyll isn't that far behind DSC
> >

> I still don't buy that.  I've worked for every alarm company in the
> world almost  (according to everywhereman) and they all download the
> systems at one time or another.  ESPECIALLY dealers that just screw
> with Ademco and DSC have the modems in place and USE them, as those
> two panels are the most widely used.

Then don't buy it, it's been my experience most don't, it's been relayed to
me by the factories that most don't, like it or not most don't. If I recall
the last time this came up in the newsgroup most didn't either.

> The figure the reps told you was probably based on some obscure survey
> that the rest of us never were invited to, or bothered responding to.

Or it is their experience, you can't judge everything from what happens in
Waco

The simple fact is the reason download software is way behind in development
compared to other Windows apps is because the companies will not put much
development into something so few use. Instead we get the crap we have now.