Re: Caddx/Ademco Downloading

"Roland" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:wQBgh.11563$GB1.1915@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I think that depends on the dealer and the panel brnd he uses most. The
DSC
> factory guys tell me that 90% of their dealers don't download. Bosch is
> nearly 100% that do download and Napco and Honeywell are in the middle. I
> don't know if there are any formal surveys to back up that information or
> not.

I was told the 5% by Honeywell and DSC reps but something else to consider
is...

Bosch you pretty much have to since the only other method is with an $800
programmer although the new panels are keypad programmable

Napco is so slow and time consuming it's almost mandatory

DSC can be keypad programmed quicker than I can connect with it via
downloader

Honewyll isn't that far behind DSC