Re: Caddx/Ademco Downloading

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:34:39 -0600, "Mark Leuck"
<m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Roland" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I think that depends on the dealer and the panel brnd he uses most. The
>DSC
>> factory guys tell me that 90% of their dealers don't download. Bosch is
>> nearly 100% that do download and Napco and Honeywell are in the middle. I
>> don't know if there are any formal surveys to back up that information or
>> not.
>
>I was told the 5% by Honeywell and DSC reps but something else to consider
>is...
>
>Bosch you pretty much have to since the only other method is with an $800
>programmer although the new panels are keypad programmable
>
>Napco is so slow and time consuming it's almost mandatory
>
>DSC can be keypad programmed quicker than I can connect with it via
>downloader
>
>Honewyll isn't that far behind DSC

I still don't buy that.  I've worked for every alarm company in the
world almost  (according to everywhereman) and they all download the
systems at one time or another.  ESPECIALLY dealers that just screw
with Ademco and DSC have the modems in place and USE them, as those
two panels are the most widely used.

The figure the reps told you was probably based on some obscure survey
that the rest of us never were invited to, or bothered responding to.

You are in a unique position to do your own survey.

--

-Graham

(delete the double e's to email)