Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

news:BomdnSgeFeJSuOvYnZ2dnUVZ_tidnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> > 3200, For instance the internet module works better on the 3200 than
>> > the
>> > 1664.
>>

>> Yep,  Its really a shoe in for the 9600 and X255.  It gives full
> reporting.
>> Its my understanding its more like the Uplink 1500 of ip communicators
>> for
>> other panels.
>
> Just make sure the 9600 and X255 are up to date in the firmware, I had to
> upgrade to 3200 to v40
>
>> I don't use the 3200.  Its not enough cheaper than the 9600 to justify
>> using, and for most applications the 1632 does the job more than
> adequately.
>> I'll have to look and see how the 1664 is packaged and priced.  A few
>> more
>> zones are useful much more often than the extra handful of features for
> the
>> 3200/9600/X255 family.  About the only time I use one of those is if I
> need
>> more than 2 partitions.  Actually for those applications I prefer the
> Caddx
>> NX8E with its full feature modular expansion.
>
> Why use Napco when the 8E pretty much does it all? I love the 8E
>
> (and has better software AND easier to keypad program)

I have housing development agreements in place with Napco.

Oh, yeah the 8E is easier to keypad program.  Almost anything is easier than
Napco address programming.  Personally i like the Napco DOS software better
than any other software I have used, but they no longer support it with new
panels and panel features.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.

The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner
849 S Ave C
Yuma, Az 85364