Re: Fire Alarms Again

"J Barnes" <trishnjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:W8qdnTdjAPmM_-3YnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Here are a few answers,  Going into this job the contractor told me they
> only needed a DACT on the flow and tamper.  When I contacted the fire
> marshal for the flow test he told me it needs more because it is a
"Hi-Rise
> Building"  I dont think it falls under the heading of a Hi-Rise because it
> is only 2 levels.  I am famillar with NFPA 72 and the how to install the
> system.  I am just trying to understand where I need to look to find out
if
> its really a "HI-Rise" and if so what additional requirements I will need
> meet.
>
> James

What ever you find will only be the minimum code and standing on that alone
will be a tough argument with your AHJ. It is his juridiction and he can
require anything that meets or exceeds the code. It sounds like he has told
you what he wants and it sounds like he is not being unreasonable. If I were
you, I would try to make him happy. I have found out that when the AHJ is
happy, everyone is happy, except the one that has to pay the bill. Use this
as a lesson because the next AHJ may have a totally different requirement
for the same type occupancy.