Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

"tourman" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1154472964.804683.238300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sorry but that is not so ! Test signals and cancel codes are not
> allowed to my knowledge.

I have never heard of that from any company especially on dealer-owned
accounts

>They prefer a dialer delay before
> transmission, so assume every alarm is real.

Almost all panels now have that built-in and cannot be over-ridden

> And dispatching after the
> first call is NOT what is acceptable (at least around here) with 95% of
> calls being false trips.

I understand the 95% false alarms but I've never heard of not dispatching
after the first call unless that is what the customer wants

> And which customer EVER remembers to stay off
> the phone when panic mode sets in after an alarm trip, no matter how
> well you train them (hell, most customers can't even remember the brand
> name of their equipment after a while, let alone what to do in an
> emergency)

Again that is not the fault of ADT

> Now I have about 15 to 20 residential customers DAILY who trip their
> alarms, with only five real break ins in 12 years in the business.

I'd say you have some morons as customers

> That's an infintesimally tiny percentage of real alarms versus the
> potential to have hundreds or even thousands of false alarms yearly if
> done otherwise. Goodness knows how many ADT alarms there are since I
> don't get any reports. Plus customers report that they can't get
> through when they do call in.
>
> The ONLY thing I can see they do well is the billing (I wonder why).
> You can defend them till the cows come home, but I have lived with them
> thanks !!

I'm not defending them, what I do see is they seem to be doing what other
companies are also doing