Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

Sorry but that is not so ! Test signals and cancel codes are not
allowed to my knowledge. They prefer a dialer delay before
transmission, so assume every alarm is real.. And dispatching after the
first call is NOT what is acceptable (at least around here) with 95% of
calls being false trips. And which customer EVER remembers to stay off
the phone when panic mode sets in after an alarm trip, no matter how
well you train them (hell, most customers can't even remember the brand
name of their equipment after a while, let alone what to do in an
emergency)

The way it works with our police department, is the station calls after
checking all the main clients numbers. They then prime the police, who
do not dispatch until the station has gone through the balance of the
numbers (our police department is somewhat different in that they will
accept a cancel of their dispatch right up until the time they arrive
on premises so this works, and seems to reduce false dispatches
somewhat).

Now I have about 15 to 20 residential customers DAILY who trip their
alarms, with only five real break ins in 12 years in the business.
That's an infintesimally tiny percentage of real alarms versus the
potential to have hundreds or even thousands of false alarms yearly if
done otherwise. Goodness knows how many ADT alarms there are since I
don't get any reports. Plus customers report that they can't get
through when they do call in.

The ONLY thing I can see they do well is the billing (I wonder why).
You can defend them till the cows come home, but I have lived with them
thanks !!