Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

"tourman" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1154443458.047695.78770@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> There's everything wrong with their monitoring services. Try being one
> of their third party dealers for awhile and you'll experience it
> firsthand. No test signals, no cancel codes, no dealer reports ! Plus
> they dispatch after calling one number rather than going through the
> calling list properly. Try feeding that opinion to a client as they are
> desperately calling ADT to cancel an alarm, while the station is trying
> to get hold of them while the line is busy with the client on it, and
> the police arrive. Happens all the time. A false alarm ticket waiting
> to happen !

1. Who is not putting in test signals and cancel codes?

2. dispatching after the first call is what most central stations do unless
otherwise noted

3. It is not ADT's fault the customer has somehow been told to call the
central station instead of waiting for a call.

> Most good stations will sit down with a dealer and work out the
> required calling plan that the dealer wants, to allow for local
> conditions. In my opinion, simply dispatching quickly to get to the
> next call coming in is not acceptable.

Okay how long should they wait? 5-10 minutes? The central station SHOULD
dispatch as soon as possible unless otherwise noted