Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

There's everything wrong with their monitoring services. Try being one
of their third party dealers for awhile and you'll experience it
firsthand. No test signals, no cancel codes, no dealer reports ! Plus
they dispatch after calling one number rather than going through the
calling list properly. Try feeding that opinion to a client as they are
desperately calling ADT to cancel an alarm, while the station is trying
to get hold of them while the line is busy with the client on it, and
the police arrive. Happens all the time. A false alarm ticket waiting
to happen !

Most good stations will sit down with a dealer and work out the
required calling plan that the dealer wants, to allow for local
conditions. In my opinion, simply dispatching quickly to get to the
next call coming in is not acceptable. Simply answering the alarm call
is the bare minimum required for good service (hell, if a station can't
do that, they are negligent). And this business of redundancy doesn't
make them stand out from any crowd; that is commonplace within the
ranks of larger alarm monitoring stations.

Perhaps if I had more accounts, and more clout, things would be
different. But I'm working the other way, to decrease accounts and put
them on a decent station.. You and I are judged by how we handle the
smallest, least significant customers we have, not by how we handle the
large government agencies etc. Why should they be judged any
differently ?