Re: DMV Just makes my day

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1156004724.796050.270150@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> LOL.  That's a stupid way to park a motorcycle.  I
>> always back my bike in so I don't have to back it
>> out against the curve of the road...
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> I don't know if I told you before but after our earlier discussion I
> decided on a pair of scooters instead of a motorcycle.  The one in
> Brazil is a 125cc Yamaha.  With the heavy traffic and the slow speed
> limits there it was all I needed.

The wheel size is always an issue on a scooter, but otherwise some of them
are pretty impressive.

> For Florida roads I bought a Burgman 650.  It looks like a scooter and
> it operates like a scooter, but it's built for highway speeds.  I never
> took it over 100 mph and frankly, I prefer to stay within 10-15 mph of
> the speed limit.

I actually reccomended the Kawasaki KLR650 for Brazil because of its
incredible ability to handle adverse road conditions.  Its the second most
popular motorcycle in the world for aroudn the world touring.  The 1st is
the BMW R1150GS dual sport ( or its latest incarnation).

> Parking a bike is wierd in Florida.  I like to park tail in so it's
> easy to leave but in some places the cops leave a warning note on cars
> or bikes if they aren't parked head in.  I never got a ticket though.

Yeah, I don't get that.  It is sure safer to park with the back wheel
against the curb instead of the front.

> One of the nice things about a big scooter is that cops pretty much
> ignore them on the road.  They seem to think they're all Vespas.  Even
> when I pass them in traffic they never so much as turn a head.  The
> only down side of it is I haven't been able to ride since my surgery.
> In a couple of weeks I'll start again.

LOL, yeah.  Until one sees you doing 100MPH on it.

> BTW, I took your (or was it Bob C's) advice and took the MSF training
> course.  It was excellent.  I recommend it to anyone who rides, new or
> experienced.

Good, I am sure I suggested it, and Bob Campbell probably did also.  Most of
us who have been around will reccomend it to any new or returning rider.  I
never took the beginning rider course (wish I had) but I did take the
advanced rider course about ten years ago.  The riding portion of it really
brought home to me how much I didn't know as well as I thought I did.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River