Re: DMV Just makes my day

> LOL.  That's a stupid way to park a motorcycle.  I
> always back my bike in so I don't have to back it
> out against the curve of the road...

Hi Bob,

I don't know if I told you before but after our earlier discussion I
decided on a pair of scooters instead of a motorcycle.  The one in
Brazil is a 125cc Yamaha.  With the heavy traffic and the slow speed
limits there it was all I needed.

For Florida roads I bought a Burgman 650.  It looks like a scooter and
it operates like a scooter, but it's built for highway speeds.  I never
took it over 100 mph and frankly, I prefer to stay within 10-15 mph of
the speed limit.

Parking a bike is wierd in Florida.  I like to park tail in so it's
easy to leave but in some places the cops leave a warning note on cars
or bikes if they aren't parked head in.  I never got a ticket though.

One of the nice things about a big scooter is that cops pretty much
ignore them on the road.  They seem to think they're all Vespas.  Even
when I pass them in traffic they never so much as turn a head.  The
only down side of it is I haven't been able to ride since my surgery.
In a couple of weeks I'll start again.

BTW, I took your (or was it Bob C's) advice and took the MSF training
course.  It was excellent.  I recommend it to anyone who rides, new or
experienced.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com