Re: False alarms

> 90% of your false alarms are caused by animals? Are these systems
> installed at zoos or dude ranches?

no, it's just that people, in general, are nasty

> And by that time you should either fully repair the system or tell the
> customer adios.

and by that time the system IS fully repaired.. i admit, i've
only been in the industry for 8 years, and i honestly don't
know of our company ever really having to pay the fines.
 but it is our policy

>> having the alarm companies paying the fines is NOT a good idea!!! <
>
> I disagree, but like I said, they claim they don't have the resources
> to fine the company.

 "resources"? how hard is it to write a ticket??

> How many people read manuals for anything that they buy? Rather than
> try to convert these people into rocket scientists we should make
> systems more user friendly.

our system could not be more user friendly!!
i can honestly say that when i walk into a house
 I personally fully train each customer who is present
 in the house...i also leave them a manual AND a video...
but i can go back a year later and the people act like no one
 ever showed them how to use the system...
when i remind them that I installed the system and
that i went over every feature, they suddenly remember...
the companies can not be held responsible for
peoples' stupidity