Re: False alarms

BDEBJ wrote:
> you really think that the companies will pay these fines?<

Not at all. I also don't believe the government has the resources to
deliver the fines to the installing companies, but it does send a
message that their current solution is severely flawed, and that we are
not ignoring the issue.

> they will just pass on the cost to the customers......<

Hey our rates are way too low now :-)

> i would guess that around 90% of the false alarms i go to are caused by
>  animals damaging the wiring  (rats, squirrels, dogs) you really think
> the alarm companies should pay fines because of something the CUSTOMER
> can control??...<

90% of your false alarms are caused by animals? Are these systems
installed at zoos or dude ranches?

> with the company i work for, if it's a problem WE can't
> fix, then WE pay the fines....but the fines don't kick in until the 5th
> false
> alarm...<

And by that time you should either fully repair the system or tell the
customer adios.
It's the Boy Who Cried Wolf, and the cops are tired of it.

> having the alarm companies paying the fines is NOT a good idea!!! <

I disagree, but like I said, they claim they don't have the resources
to fine the company.

> if you fine the customers enough times they will make sure squirrels and
> rats
> don't chew wires, and maybe they will actually read a manual!!!! <

How many people read manuals for anything that they buy? Rather than
try to convert these people into rocket scientists we should make
systems more user friendly.
Think of how far technology has advanced over the last 20 years and see
if alarm systems have advanced half as far.