Re: Salesman Compensation

Bob La Londe wrote:
> About a million years ago when I worked for ... somebody else.  I got $500 a
> month, no allowance for anything, very little support, 10% of gross bottom
> line on all contracts, plus $25 for each new monitoring contract, and 2X the
> RMR amount on new monitoring/maintenace/lease contracts.
>
> An $800 alarm with monitoring would net me between $170 and $200.

I hear ya, Bob.  We actually modelled our compensation package after
Chubb's.  Back when I worked for them, they were a progressive positive
force in the industry that provided excellent support and training (both
service and sales).  These days, they appear to have given up that
position to ADT (at least locally).  That's a genuine shame.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com