Re: Need help with DoorKing component identification

justinbboyd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks for the posts guys.  Here's the situation.  I know nothing of
> this system.  This circuit board was brought to me because the owner
> DOESN'T want to pay for a new board.  I only have this 1871-010 board,
> so I can't diagnose any other part (power supply, etc.).  I was going
> to replace the resistor for them for $2 and send them on their way.
> The owner pulled the board, the owner pointed out what they wanted me
> to replace (the burnt resistor).  I'm not troubleshooting, I'm just the
> solder grunt.  If it does or doesn't work is of no consequence to me.

You should advise the owner that replacing the resistor will not fix the
problem that caused it to "burn up" in the first place.  I do recall
Mirtone having a situation where they used the wrong wattage on a couple
of resistors in their single zone fire alarm panels years ago.
Replacing the units with 3/4 watt ones instead of 1/4 watt originally
supplied fixed the problem.  This isn't the case with DoorKing though.

> So, any ideas on the value of R18?

Ask your DoorKing distributor if you can have a quick "boo" at a board
to find out.