Re: Need help with DoorKing component identification

> Thanks for the posts guys.  Here's the situation.  I know nothing of
> this system.  This circuit board was brought to me because the owner
> DOESN'T want to pay for a new board.  I only have this 1871-010 board,
> so I can't diagnose any other part (power supply, etc.).  I was going
> to replace the resistor for them for $2 and send them on their way.
> The owner pulled the board, the owner pointed out what they wanted me
> to replace (the burnt resistor).  I'm not troubleshooting, I'm just the
> solder grunt.  If it does or doesn't work is of no consequence to me.

I'd walk away from that customer as fast as my feet would carry me if I were
you.  It's not worth the hassle for a few dollars, plus if he's that cheap he
might also be lawsuit-happy.  That's not a good combination.  Besides that, it's
highly unlikely that replacing the resistor will solve the problem that caused
it to burn out in the first place.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.