Re: Need help with DoorKing component identification

Hi Justin,

You're probably going to find there's more than a bad resistor on the board.
Resistors don't burn out unless they get a lot of over current through them.
That current likely came from another failed component.  A bad power supply can
cause it but that's only one of several possibilities.

Have you contacted DoorKing on this?  They'll repair it for a reasonable fee.
If you don't have a relationship with DoorKing and you decide to have them fix
it anyway, contact me and I'll make the arrangements for you.  Just pay whatever
they charge for the repair.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.