Re: bAsshole is it contagious

Matt Ion wrote:
> Robert L Bass wrote:
>
>>> That's just ignorant.  If the posts would go away, the attacks would
>>> subside too.  There's nothing stopping YOU from being the "bigger
>>> man" either.
>>

>> Been there.  Done that.  He started up again within days with lots of
>> encouragement from Leuck and the rest.
>

> And both you and Frank are incapable of simply ignoring each other, at
> the expense of everyone else in the group?
>
> You boys both exhibit a mental age of about 13.  This kind of "it all
> started when he hit me back first" bullshit should have been left behind
> in junior high.

Hey...  If Robert stops posting garbage about me (or others), I'll have
nothing to respond to.  As long as he continues to make derogatory
remarks, or posts more messages containing misleading comments or
outright lies, I will respond (although I will limit those responses to
asking for proof).  How's that?  This is about as reasonable as it gets.

 From my own observations of his recent activities, Robert sees my
efforts at promoting the industry (and legitimate DIY stores) as a
direct attack on his own business.  He actually does more to shoot
himself in the foot than anyone else here can possible dream up.  How
many online stores post vast HTML or PR messages into this Group?

How many people do you know that have a website dedicated to displaying
their online Newsgroup activities?  Mind you, the guy running
Goofysplace tends to "wander" off topic a bit which lends strength to my
  assertion that it's simply a site dedicated to all the people Mike
doesn't like for one reason or another.  The "Wizard" is almost as
annoying as Robert's pop-up ads but I don't see him when I'm browsing
the site with FireFox, and Robert's pop-ups are "flagged" automatically
so allowing them to "open" is my choice.