Re: PC5132-433 NA (Version 4.2)

"R.H.Campbell" wrote...
> Petem...question. Have you had good luck doing this. I have been told that
> doing this creates an antenna that can pick up disturbance. Supposedly,
> the length of wire from the transmitter to the contact(s), has to be quite
> short....10 inches comes to mind if my memory serves me right
>
> What is your experience with making the wire lengths longer than
> recommended ?

i believe the instructions say 18 inches... and both the wireless
transmitter and the external contact/motion/whatever must be in the same
room (i have no idea why though)

either way... i've run many wireless transmitters to other devices with
about a 5 to 10 foot distance between them without problems... usually to
have the wireless transmitters in a higher place if they're placed fairly
far away from the keypad (shops, garages, etc.), or to keep them out of
harms way from careless people (warehouses mostly)

and to claude... would it be easier to replace some of the window contacts
with a wireless motion instead?  you may be able to take 13 contacts and
take it down to just a few motions and a few contacts