Re: Paying customer wakes up to CF alarm every morning

Haven't you read the posts?
He WANTS to pay for monitoring that he doesn't have so he can carry his
contract over to his new house "with real telephone service" and all he
wants is to have his system programmed to not call out.
On the systems we install that is as simple as zeroing out the receiver
line numbers.
He is not complaining that Brinks can't get his system working with
vonnage - he accepts that as a given.  He accepts his responsibility in
the issue in that he is willing to pay for a service he can't receive
since it is his fault he can't receive it.
At this point our manager give him such a credit - but with our company
it never would have gotten this far.
Either Brinks needs a better training program or they need to get better
gear.

Jen...tel wrote:

> Why should he get a big credit?
> Would you give a big credit if the alarm didn't work for 6 months cause
> they took out their doors and windows?

We would if they kept calling and asking to have the zones deprogrammed
and we kept screwing it up.

> Would you give a credit for an alarm not used for a year if they forgot
> the code?

We would if they had called time and time again to get new codes
programmed and we kept screwing it up.

> You wouldn't dream of it.  So what's so diferent fom those and
> disconnecting phone service?

I would agree with you IF he changed to vonnage and was simply
complaining that Brinks couldn't get his system to work with it... he
takse that as a given and accepts his responsibility in it.  He just
wants the system programmed locally until he is out of this house.

> He shut off his phone service and caused the alarm to have problems,
> that's his fault.

He accepts that.

   Read his post and he still referes to his vonage
> crap as phone service.  Slap him about the head and tell him to cancel
> his cable service, and get is alarm working the correct way, but you
> bait him on just because it's a big company.
> You would be crying a fit if every one of your customers asked you to
> cancel service and give a credit if they decided to cancel their
> electricty.

Apples and oranges...

  Oh no I forgot, you would run out and buy them a generator