Re: Hell South Security or Bell South Security from Protection One

On 20 Nov 2005 15:14:09 -0800, "Sonicduck" <jones1019@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>1. ADT is not responsible for the quality of the installation.  Most
>are installed by 3rd party subcontractors.

Tell that to the SSO service managers who are constantly sending ADT
corporate service techs out to fix dealer screw-ups.

>2.  ADT is not responsible for the type or quality of the equipment
>installed.

ADT requires their dealers to use ADT approved equipment.  By
installing anythings else, they violate their dealer contract.

>3.  ADT is not responsible for any damage to woring, plumbing, drywall,
>roof, structural damage, or damage to the contents of your home.

True.  The dealer is an independent business who must carry E&O
insurance.

>4.  If Dealer installer is injured in your home, he is NOT covered by
>ADT's workman's comp or any other ADT provided insurance.

See above.  Dealer "employees" may actually be contractors not covered
under the dealer's workers comp policy.

>5.  Dealer may choose to broker the montioring agreement to a 3rd party
>rather than have ADT monitor your system.

Under most circustances, they'll risk getting their dealer license
yanked and being sued.  They can't sell it as ADT and switch it to
another central.

>6.  All ADT employees undergo a comprhensive background check including
>drug screening, and a nationwide fingerprint search,  All ADT
>associates must be FASA recertified every two years.

ADT's background checks are probably the most comprehensive in the
industry simply because they have the most to lose.  However, except
for the DoD clearances required for some employees (lucky me), all
they do is pull criminal background checks from local authorities.
Only employess working on federal projects have clearances that are
done by the federal government  We're also subject to SSI, which could
personally bankrupt someone.  Much nastier that traditional classified
information.

>7.  Remember this:  The quality of the protection for your home and
>family (business) is directly related to the subcontractors ability to
>fulfill his financial commitment to the monitoring company.  If the
>contractor fails to make the monitoring payments, your monitoring can
>be terminated without your consent or knowledge.

This is only somewhat true.  Corporate ADT will generally charge the
dealer back and fix the system to retain the RMR.