Re: Bass Burhglar Alarms

I could use a 100K a year.

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1131332657.588613.14690@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
| "Frank Olson"wrote:
|
| > Welcome back, Robert...  I missed ya, ya big lug!!!
|
| Uh-huh.
|
| > Uh-huh....  sure...  You might want to check on the last
| > one...  It seems that "X-10" may have an issue with your
| > "ownership" of that site...
|
| Nope.  Their website ends in .com while mine ends in .us.  The
| similarity ends there.  I sell very few X-10 products.  They sell
| nothing but.
|
| > And for pete's sake...  fix the frickin' top tabs at B-H!!!
|
| I've actually been working on that. The second site was generated from
| the main one but there were numerous errors in it -- broken links, etc.
| Since it's primary purpose is to reflect links to the
| www.bassburglaralarms.com site, it wasn't a high priority problem.
| With the work on our newest site going forward I decided to fix
| everything once and for all.
|
| > How about "Rfreshing" the spelling too...
|
| That's a redirect of the 404 page and it's going away soon anyway.
|
| > And the bogus security codes on the BBA pages really
| make cruisin' the site slo-oOoOo-w.
|
| There are no security codes, bogus or otherwise on my pages. Only the
| SCART is encrypted once you get to the page that asks for personal
| information. Everything else is ordinary HTML.  If you have trouble
| "cruisin" it's probably your machine or your connection. There is one
| exception to that.  When I "generate" the websites the system creates
| nearly 20,000 static HTML pages for each website.  During that time
| period page delivery slows to a crawl and 404 errors ("Rfreshing" as
| they may be:)) are common.
|
| >> A few folks sent birthday cards (which I read weeks later upon my
return from Brazil).  Thanks for the thoughts, as well as the concern from
several who sent e-mail and two who called to ask if all was well.

| > I would have called and written too...  But I figured if you were really
| sick, hearing from me would probably give you a "kanipshun" and put you
|
| "over the edge"...
|
| Do you really believe that you have that much affect on anyone?
|
| >> I noticed a lengthy thread with questions and suppositions about my
website.

| > Uh-huh...  I also noticed you took down the "about us" page on the BBA
site.
| You going to "Rfresh" that too???
|
| Nope.  The page contained multiple references to the
| www.bassburglaralarms.com website.  The same database is used to
| generate multiple sites. If you look at my pages long enouogh (and
| apparently you do) you'll notice that the body of each page is generic
| -- it makes no reference to the website itself. That means no more
| "about us" page.
|
| >> The phone numbers are changing because I selected a new VoIP provider.
|
| > Contragulations!!!  Do your Napco and Elk panels all work with it??  Or
did
| you keep your "Pots" line too??
|
| I haven't tried yet.  I'll let you know when I do.
|
| >> The number on my contact page is tremporary and will soon be replaced
by a new 800 number.

| > Why not use the same one as "B-H"??
|
| I wanted something easy to remember.  You'll see it when it's published
| later this week.
|
| >> We're setting up a server-based auto attendant to direct calls to
customer service, technical support or sales.

| > Lesse...  would that be the blue, lime-green, and red phones on your
desk??
| :-))
|
| If it makes you feel better to pretend my site is still a one-man
| operation, feel free.
|
| >> Hopefully, the queue system will function as planned, eliminating long
waits and busy signals which have been a royal pain for a while now.

| > No need to tell us...  We've also seen the complaints...
|
| Mm-hmm.  All three of them.
|
| >> Our address is changing, too.  I'm in the process of purchasing a
larger home with more office space and more bedrooms (Brazilian relatives
keep drifting in :)).

| > Why not simply add an extension to the trailer??  Pitch a tent by the
| pool???
|
| Great idea. The only problem is the lanai at the new house is almost as
| big as the entire current home. When the sale is complete I'm sure you
| or someone else here will look it up in the county's website.
|
| >> Now for the on topic part of the post.
|
| > Be still, my beating heart!!!
|
| You're asking for a heart stoppage???
|
| >> I'm looking for someone with extensive knowledge of security, fire and
communications systems to help with telephone sales.  Hours and work week
scheduling are flexible.

| > Translation...  be prepared to answer the phone when Robert doesn't...
|
| Not quite.  Sales calls are routed to the commission salesman's
| station.  Only if s/he is busy or away will they come to my station.
|
| > Would that be on "Florida time"???
|
| Naah, Bahian time.  :^)
|
| >> Commissions should top $100K if you're willing to work.
|
| > And hopefully, no more complaints get filed with the BBB!!!  I'll bet
that
| puts a real crimp in the old sales volume...
|
| Sales volume is fine. The problem is finding time to answer every sales
| call.  That's why I need to hire someone.  I estimate that for every
| sale I make there are from one to three more who go unanswered.
| Customer service has improved significantly since I got help in that
| arena.  Hopefully we can have an equally positive affect on sales when
| there are two (or more?) folks handling incoming calls.
|
| >> VoIP services allow you to work from home or just about anyplace else
with a broadband connection.

| > Uh-huh...  and if you use a wireless network, you could "sell from the
| throne"...
|
| True.  Besides I'd never be "flush" out of ideas.  :)
|
| > If you have a broad-based knowledge of security systems, a pleasant but
persuasive (non-agressive) phone manner and would like to strike out on your
own, please contact me at your convenience.