Re: "Central Station Service" Poll

"Norm Mugford" <1alarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:zJM9f.26166$NJ.22838@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> A lot of fire systems are not inspected according to NFPA 72 time frames.
>
> I take it you ment to write "ULC listed company to install the equipment"
> or is there a different ULC requirement?

ULC certifies the company to do installations and issue ULC certificates.  A
list of installations with ULC certificates is kept on file and ULC actually
"spot checks" the company about once every two or three years (sooner if
they've received complaints or found something not quite "kosher".  ULC
"lists" equipment.  They "certify" companies willing to fork over the big
bucks for the "priveledge" of being able to use the ULC Mark in their
advertising and promotions.