Re: "Central Station Service" Poll

As frank stated you need a ULC listed company..

And I have seen many alarm panel with out of date inspection certificate on
it..
(I started in the Alarm business in a small company that was
installing/servicing/inspecting fire alarm system) and saw my share of VERY
bad installation with LOTS of no-no.. place Ville Marie is one of them..( by
the way my brother used to be the president of the Union of the security
guard at place Ville Marie  ;-) ) he is now an IT expert..

pull station used to be wired in a very special way..At place Ville
Marie,every pull station that were on top off each other at each level were
on the same zone..so you could have a pull station pulled..you could tell it
was a pull station close to the emergency door of the west stairway..but you
could not tell which floor...  ;-) pretty useful!

they were relying on the flow switch on the sprinkler at each level to tell
on which floor was the fire (if any)..

things changed since..but what I am describing is something not that long
ago in history.6 to 7 years max..

Can I ask you what were you doing in montreal?
And are you planning on coming back? if so I would be please to offer you a
drink!
And I have a few question,on how the business is ruled over there in
Florida...we want to kind of regulate the alarm business a little more
around here and as a part of the executive committee of the biggest Union of
Alarm technician in the Province I really want to hear a different point of
view..then the one from the rest of Canada..

zJM9f.26166$NJ.22838@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx