Re: Best Advice For Security System

Sonicduck wrote:
> By yourown system, with NO monitoring by a third party.  Instead, have
> your auto dialer call your cell phone directly, your wife's, and anyone
> else you want to be notified.  You then make the decision whether or
> not to call the police or fire department.

This is your "best advice"??  Sorta proves you don't know squat about
"your auto dialer".

> I would also recommend the cellbackup, and smoke monitoring.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!  As Mark so eloquently put it...  "Cell backup to
who?"

By the way, RLB sells all the kits for "cell backup".  What he fails to
mention (in his sales blurb) is that you need a *Dealer Account* with
the backup provider and a Central Station receiver number that the call
is forwarded to (I haven't seen a cell phone yet that's capable of
receiving Contact ID, SIA, 4-2 or any other standard alarm transmission
format).  SkyRoute, Uplink, AlarmNet, & Telguard (all units he sells by
the way) requires a servicing Dealer to set up and program.

You *should* really answer Robert's ad for a salesperson.  The two of
you would be the "perfect fit".  After all the prospect of making $100K
a year is nothing to sneeze at.  I'm wondering how your "income" will be
affected when your customers start shipping their product back because:

a) it doesn't work (for reasons I've already outlined);
b) it's not as easy to install as Robert leads you to think it is;
c) what the customer ordered isn't what he gets;
d) he doesn't answer his phone (or emails);
e) tech support is practically "non-existant" as evidenced from the some
of his customers that have to post here for advice;
f) some product takes over a month to arrive which often results in a
cancelled order;
g) the product isn't what they ordered, and "adjustments to their
invoice" can take weeks.

Of course, spending 22 hours on the phone every day "coaching" the "on
average" 11 systems he sells/ships (at two hours per system) will
probably make you "hanker" for lo-o-O-ong vacations to sunnier climes
(Bahia for instance).  Robert will recognize the signs of imminent
"burn-out" (he does practice "remote" psychology after all), and may
just offer to give you a few of his "Air Miles" to offset the expense.
Just remember not to email him, but post more sillyness into the Group
and he'll provide the analysis for free and even recommend the
medication, dosage strenght, and interval.

Oh, I almost forgot...  Robert!!!  Fix the damn pop-ups at BBA!!!  Sheesh!!!