Re: DSC Maxsys PC 4020 Reporting Probs. UPDATE

> "Robert L. Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > Read it again, the original poster turned
>> > on auto SIA, he didn't say he put the report
>> > codes in
>>
>> Your answer was "Replace the receiver."  That was completely wrong.
>>
>> His problem was exactly what I said it was.  He needed to enter the
>> codes.
>> SIA Auto Report obviates the need for entering the data.  With CID if you
>> don't enter the codes the comms will fail.
>>
>> There's no way you will ever admit having been wrong.
>
> Lets look at this again, he turns on auto SIA and suddenly CID codes work?
> Umm no.

Try real hard to understand this, Leuck.  It's not that complicated.

1.  There was nothing wrong with the receiver (the one you wanted him to
replace).
2.  The problem was in his programming.
3.  The reason SIA Auto Report worked is it doesn't require him to enter the
codes.
4.
5.  The reason CID did not work was he did not enter the codes (which, must
be entered like they are in the 832).
6.  There was nothing wrong with the receiver (in case you missed #1).

> You stated you don't know much about
> DSC well I DO and ...

And yet you were completely wrong on this very simple problem.  In fact, you
advised the gentleman to replace a receiver which cost thousands of dollars
when the problem was totally unrelated to the receiver.  So much for how
much you DO know.  I recalled that DSC makes you enter the CID values in the
832 and suggested that the Maxsys might have the same requirement.  It
sounded like a programming issue from the start and it apparently was just
that.  It sure as jiminex wasn't a receiver issue.

Feel free to continue telling us how much you "DO" know about DSC.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics