Re: Just bought, am I getting a fair deal? Apex/Honeywell/Monitronics

> Norm Mugford wrote:
> >
> > Bob4Secur wrote:
> >
> > "If anyone signs their dealership agreements without
> >  having their attorney look at it, probably hasn't applied it to a long
term
> >  business plan to include retirement".
> >
> > I guess retirement must be a concern at your age.....
> > Happy Birthday.
> >
> > Norm Mugford
>

> Norm, I don't know how old you are but I'm going to get a little
> philosophical
> with you, hopefully for the benefit of some of the younger people out
> there.
>
> I've always had retirement in mind and began many years ago putting
> away and investing what I estimated was a proper amount of money for
> retirement. Through those years, I've had to double that "amount"
> twice, as the economy changed. Fortunately, I'll be living a pretty
> good life, but a good part due to the value of selling my accounts,
> when I decide it's time. The fortuitous advent of recurring revenue in
> this industry and selling multiples, has thrown me way over the top of
> any expectations I'd originally had. Had this not occured, even with
> all my preperation through the years, I would have had only a modest
> retirement income. My advice to all who aspire to living comfortably in
> retirement, put as much as you possibly can away now, ( note: if it
> doesn't hurt a little, it isn't enough)  as it's going to become worth
> less and less over time. What you think is going to be a fortune in 30
> or 40 years, isn't going to be worth the price of gas to drive to the
> welfare department.

Good advice, Jim. Unfortunately some don't think past that last sale. Loaded
today and broke tomarrow is the norm for alot of the young business types.
They will wake up around............... 50.  Oooch! They won't be able to
save fast enough. They can ask the question, "I wonder where I would be if I
had all those accounts I sold?" If anyone wants to talk to an old timer that
has gone through all of this, since 1984, where he is today and where he
could have been if he would have listened to me, let me know. He will share
his thoughts from experience.

Bob4Secur