Re: Just bought, am I getting a fair deal? Apex/Honeywell/Monitronics

"Bossman" <securitydealer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Bob Worthy wrote, among other things:
>
> "They are all the same. See how many Authorized
> Dealers are in business for any length of time. Next to none. Here
> today and
> gone tomarrow. They are all the same and the ADT's, Monitronics, Brinks
> of
> the world will use them up as fast as they come and really don't care
> if
> they go because the parent company is getting the contracts that are
> being
> sold and they don't care where they come from and that is really all
> they
> want. When an Authorized Dealer goes away there is another one ready to
>
> start up."
>
> ******
>
> While I rarely post, I just couldn't pass up commenting on this. Bob, I
> think you're painting with too broad a brush >here.I've been a Monitronics
dealer since 1999, and the dealer program is better than
> it's ever been. While I will agree that there are dealers in every
> organization that are less than desirable, your insinuation that this
> is the rule, rather than the exception for Monitronics, is flat wrong.

Probalby. I realize there are exceptions to every rule, however, when
refering to something one tends to use the rule as the norm.(my mistake). I
do know some good dealers in several of the dealer programs starting back
when Westinghouse had their dealer program. It is just the program (concept)
in general that has muddyed up the industry. Does it work for the dealer? If
you are happy and successful with it, then obviously it works for you. In
the past, I have been approached by different orgs trying to get me onboard.
Not a single one, including Monitronics, offered a program that made long
term financial sense. If anyone signs their dealership agreements without
having their attorney look at it, probably hasn't applied it to a long term
business plan to include retirement. Your situation may be different because
I realize everyone cuts their own deal and I hope it all works out well for
you. I just think that everything is not for everybody.

> I currently have only one salesman that door knocks, but his customers
> are some of the most satisfied we have.

You say "we have". Did you hold on to these accounts or did you sell them to
Monitornics?

 He gets many referals and never
> have I had to deal with a customer who believed he got less than he
> paid for.

He is obviously doing his job and you should expect nothing less.

 Granted, we charge far less than the $42 quoted this OP, but
> that's the free market.

I know.

Bob4Secur