Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

> 10,000 into 8 years...

Bob, I've been doing this for 28 years -- not just eight.

> That would make a nice account base
> and that doesn't include all the other
> panels types you've sold...

Traditionally, DIY systems are unmonitored.  Only a small percentage of DIY
clients opt for monitoring.  If it were the other way around there would be
major competition online from the borgs.

> I am in the wrong end of the business...

Perhaps.  I spent many years building a decent account base.  I made a good
living but it wasn't as fruitful as guys I know who pushed "mini-systems".
These days I put in just as many hours but I no longer sling a screwdriver.
I still get late night support calls but most are from strangers, "I just
bought this house and it has an XL4600 'system' in it.  The thing is
beeping.  What should I do?"  [sigh]

> I should sell off my account base, get rid of
> the overhead, take some of the money and
> have a **monster** website professional
> done and go for it...

Have at it.  There's plenty of room for another competitor in the trade.
But don't just expect the sales to come in as soon as you build the website.
"If you build it, they will come" only works in the movies.

> There are a couple of little things that I would
> do differently from the sites I've seen, but I'll
> keep that under my hat for now...

Me too.  My site works but it's constantly changing.  I'm forever adding new
products and features to the site.  It will never be "done".

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics