Re: Vista 20p installation problem

Robert L. Bass   May 21, 10:23 pm     show options

Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms
From: "Robert L. Bass" <robertlb...@xxxxxxxxxxx> - Find messages by
this author
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 22:23:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Vista 20p installation problem
original | Report Abuse

> OK I set the panel for "EOL" and the contact with 2k resistor in
series
> everything seems to work fine. When I short the loop or open the loop

> or open the contact, the keypad says fault in all cases. Do I expect
> the panel to say something like "short" or "open"?

>Nope.  It's doing what it's supposed to do.<

And if Rojas didn't send you a programming CD you'd still think a loop
was something from weaving class.

> Unfortunately the manual is designed for a first
> time installer and assumes some prior knowledge.

>That's pretty much the case across the board with alarm manuals.  Give
me a
call Sunday afternoon if you like and I'll try to walk you through it.
I'll
be out flying in the morning; hope to be back by about 1:30pm. <

Yeah you'll be out flying alright. Flying down the highway to Kip's Big
Boy for the all you can eat brunch special.

Excuse me, who are you calling white? I'm PINK!

--

Regards,
Robert L Ass