Re: Vista 20p installation problem

"eric" <eerixx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1116720776.228837.135540@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have the panel set up on a table for testing before installing it in
> my home. I installed a window contact (Ademco PR-20451) to zone 2 with
> (2k resistor in series) and configured as follows.
> Zone type: Perimeter
> Partition: 1
> Report Code: 01-00
> Hardwire Type: Normally closed

Don't set anything for report codes unless you want the panel to transmit a
signal over the phone line.  When you set "normally closed" you're telling
the panel to ignore end-of-lines.

> I get a fault on this zone all the time regardless of contact being
> open or close. I remove the resistor and everything works fine! What am
> I doing wrong here?
>

> I have zone 3 and 11 zone doubled.
> Zone 3 (3k resistor in series)
> zone 11 (6.2k resistor in series)
> Do these resistors act as the EOLR besides being used by the panel for
> zone identification?

You've no doubt told the panel these zones are "normally closed" as well.

> just for kicks I programed a window contact as zone type 9 for fire to
> see how the system would react. my keypads beep but the siren does NOT
> go off. Do I need to do anything to make the siren activate for fire
> alarms? would it be a steady alarm tone? I am using ademco Wave2.
>
> Many thanks in advance!!!

I'd suggest you go back and read the manual.  All the answers to your
questions are in there.