Re: Vista 20p installation problem

> OK I set the panel for "EOL" and the contact with 2k resistor in series
> everything seems to work fine. When I short the loop or open the loop
> or open the contact, the keypad says fault in all cases. Do I expect
> the panel to say something like "short" or "open"?

Nope.  It's doing what it's supposed to do.

> Unfortunately the manual is designed for a first
> time installer and assumes some prior knowledge.

That's pretty much the case across the board with alarm manuals.  Give me a
call Sunday afternoon if you like and I'll try to walk you through it.  I'll
be out flying in the morning; hope to be back by about 1:30pm.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics