Re: My thoughts on Robert Bass

news:DMWdnSKKFtQUvNjfRVn-uw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> The post isn't whether you should or
>> shouldn't, just a clarification as to
>> eligibility.
>
> The fact is I'm completely eligible.  Saying that the law is complex and
> the process involved doesn't change a thing.  The law is quite clear on
> who can or cannot be licensed and there's nothing in it that would prevent
> me from doing so.  I've read it from cover to cover quite recently.
> Saying that it's always changing means nothing.  As it stands today
> there's nothing to prohibit me from licensure other than me not being
> interested in doing licensed work.

I have taken and passed the test on the first try many years ago.  What Bob
is saying and you are conveniently not addressing is that there has to be
extensive verifiable work done in the alarm industry in the period
"immediately"  preceding your application, not 3, 4, or 5 years ago.  I had
to supply info [name, address, telephone # , work done on about 50
installations that were legally done in the previous year] before they would
even allow me to sit for a test.  Sure you are eligible to 'apply' but
without verifiable completed installations in the 'immediate' time period
before your application they won't even give you a date to show up and
prove, as you say, that you can pass the test.  And since you haven't done
any legal and verifiable alarm work in this time period...............you
are out of luck on becoming licensed in FL.  Sorry