Re: My thoughts on Robert Bass

> > No if you commit a felony your slate is never clean unless you get a
> > pardon.
> > And a felony conviction means RLB can't be licensed in a majority of
> > states
> > for the installation of security systems. THAT is the law
>
> I live in Florida where the law only prevents licensing for several years
> (not 28 years) and then only if the crime was related to the licensed
work.

Close, but not exactly. That, which you refered to, pertains to the
technicians certification, not the license holder. Now, the techs have to be
background checked every two years inorder to renew their certification.
There are different requirements for the license holder. The requirements
are broader, no time frame, and are left up to the board to determine if a
person is eligible or ineligible for licensure before that person can even
sit for the test. Naturally, they need a complete record of evidence, should
that be the basis an applicant was denied, and the applicant can request a
rehearing and appeal.

> Since neither of these conditions applies to me, the whole discussion is
> just a red herring from fools like Mugford and a few other culprits who
post
> here.  You already know this though so what's your problem, Leuck.
>
> > I don't doubt he's been rehabilitated but again with a
> > felony conviction no matter the crime and no matter
> > how long ago he can't EVER work in many aspects
> > of the security industry.
>
> wrong!  If I desired a license in Florida I could easily pass the test

Even though there is about an 80% failure rate on the first try, you would
more than likely be in the 20% that would succeed on the first go around.

 > I am fully elligible under state law.

Again, not exactly. Reread the requirements. The term "immediately preceding
the filing of the application" will get you if the experience and time line
of your career, that has been posted here, is correct.  Without having
actually seeing the application package recently, which is ever changing as
the Statute changes, one might not know what is required to prove the
experience, ie W2's from employers, since one needed to work for a licensed
company as a supervisor, notorized sworn statements from those employers
that one was actually in a supervisory position, or proof of 6 years of
alarm or electrical work with the Armed Forces (A guy that did some alarm
work in Vietnam, back in the early 70's, doesn't count)  or 6 years of
training and technical education. (2 hour Sales seminars on GE latest PIR
doesn't count) If one owned a company and was an employer rather than an
employee, they need to supply their license from that state or tax records,
corporate documents, occupational licenses, etc. to prove legitimatecy.
Again, immediately preceding, is the key. The ECLB isn't going to rubber
stamp applications just because all the blanks were filed in. There is a
major process that goes on in the DBPR before the board ever gets the
application package for their review and approval. That is why an
application takes so long to process (besides it being government).

  The only reason I don't bother is I
> don't have any desire to do alarm installations here.  For the few
Floridian
> DIYers who ask for monitoring service in any given year it isn't worth the
> trouble.

The post isn't whether you should or shouldn't, just a clarification as to
eligibility.

Bob4Secur