Re: Napco Gemini P3200 is stupid

news:AJWdnQ43r91IhajfRVn-hw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Okay, Mark, I have the programming manual on my lap.  Where's "Address
> > 2421, bit 0" or "Location 1284 and 1384" located?  Which page?   And,
> > after you locate it, how does that apply to the pc loader software?
> > Amazing... 18 posts and still no clear-cut answers, just accusations
> > and ego.  Just as I suspected -- it can't be done.
>
> It can be done but you should probably avoid address programming on that
> panel.

Why? It would take 1 minute to do the fixes by keypad programming and 10-15
minutes to do it via downloading. If I was programming the entire panel I'd
do it by downloading but for 2 or 3 locations? Pfft, you'd be lost if your
modem ever broke

> That has nothing to do with you being a DIYer.  I make a living
> supporting DIYers and I teach them to do all kinds of things paid
installers
> say they can't possibly do.

> However, most installers don't do address
> programming on Napco Gemini series panels because there's way too much to
> jiminex up.

Completely false and I find it odd someone knows so much about a panel yet
can't do one of its basic functions, Napco includes 2 program manuals just
for that purpose

I don't even consider operating downloading software unless I know how to
keypad program the panel first