Re: My thoughts on Robert Bass

> Not yet, likely do a couple next month,
> working on a 1000 mile trip sometime
> this year

Excellent!  My first century was a solo ride.  I started in Sarasota, headed
south to Venice Beach then north to Anna Maria Island and back.  Most of the
ride was island hopping.  On the Vivo it was fairly easy.  I don't usually
ride fast.  I spent the whole day, stopping occasionally to refill my H2O at
restaurants on Bradenton Beach and Anna Maria for a snack and then lunch.

At the end I had gone just shy of 100 miles so I circled our development
once to make the magic number.  I was tired but not sore at all other than a
bit sunburned (it was in August).

I took a nasty fall and sprained my ankle pretty severely shortly afterward.
That kept me off the bike for quite a while and then I got so busy I kept
putting it off.  We've been getting back to riding lately.  I can do a
forty-mile trip without being too tired now.  Maybe by this fall I'll do
another century.

Once you're doing 40+ miles at a time a century is no big deal on a 'bent.
What are you currently riding, BTW.