Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

> > I have heard of this. I believe there was word of one in Pakistan.
Shouldn't
> > be to hard to overcome that in any sales presentation to a perspective
> > client.
>

> Certainly that's a given ........ but ...... you know damn well, that
> the cost is going to be something like $.25 a month and that there will
> be the bottom feeders who just aren't going to let their client know
> *where* the monitoring is coming from. It's always been a problem in my
> area that there are companies who use centrals in East Jesus, Arkansas.
> They get monitoring for a $1.50 a month. The operators don't have a
> clue about local geography, events, or culture and I can just imagine
> if there were a problem. I'm sure the central would really react with
> great dispatch on curing any difficulties or conflicts .......... since
> they're 2000 miles away and what are ya gonna do about it (?) Fly down
> here tomorrow afternoon and take care of it?   Yeh ...... sure!

Central stations without a service presence in the area they are monitoring
is a big problem. There is starting to be some regulation on that. Police
departments, especially ones with an alarm units, are realizing citizens are
being left without a service company. They are being monitored and
dispatched on but have no one to call when service is needed. They continue
to use the alarm, which needs service, and the CS continues to dispatch. The
PD's are starting to require service contracts if they want continued
response.

> > If the central station calls you and you think you are talking to
> > Dell's technical support, that will give you the first clue.
> > >

> I wonder how many end users that would put that "two and two" together.

Nil