Re: Vacuflo (vent)

You'll never make any money subbing especially if it's a pre-plumb vac =
job. Whomever you're subbing for *may* make some money - but not likely. =
I've never, nor will I ever do a pre-plumb for vac. Why?.. so someone =
else can slap a motor and a few inlets in in an hour while I bust my =
butt for 7-10 hrs to ruff it...f'no!.

I'm doing a rough in tomorrow for a full install 6 inlets...and I'll =
make a nice profit...even having to pay a helper dood.

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> JOhn wrote:
> > The co. I sub to has now decided that their  installers must add
> > vacuflo with all rough-ins, on top of structured wire, alarm and
> > audio.
> >
> > I did my first today. Its a time consuming task. .   Not to mention
> > all the extra gear I need to carry in my already overloaded van, the
> > glue spewing down my arm, and the 50 dollar auger bits.  The bottom
> > line is theres very little money in it, having made just 20 bucks =
for
> > an extra 2 hrs work to do three runs.
>=20
> Central Vac can be time-consuming, but it's not difficult. You'll get
> quicker as you do it more, and you become more efficient. The bits are
> expensive, and you'll quickly learn where best not to drill to avoid =
nails.
> (I sharpen my own, and still have the original bits I bought in 1987.) =
As