Re: Selective Entry Delays Per Zone?

> Robert...follow the thread though...he didn't
> even know what Perimeter meant.

In my comment about disingenuity I was referring to Fowler -- not you.

> Sure, some diy'ers can figure things out and
> do a good job...can you imagine what other
> programming mistakes could be made that
> would render a diy alarm rather worthless?
> I can.

It is the responsibility of the DIY store to educate the client.  Some of us
do.  Others don't.  I have a large number of DIY clients successfully using
complex panels like the ELK-M1 Gold and the Napco P9600 system.  I also have
a few DIYers installing their own commercial fire alarms.  One customer just
bought an addressable system with over 250 points for a hospital.  It's not
that hard to learn this stuff.  You need a modicum of intelligence and a bit
of patience.  For commercial fire you also need a licensed electrician in
most places.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass