Re: Selective Entry Delays Per Zone?

news:QbadnW9QzOLknyLfRVn-uA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> It is the responsibility of the DIY store to educate the client.  Some of
> us do.

Ahhh...  the famous two hour "I'll teach you all about installing a system
professionally" support session...  Let's see...  you sell what??  11
systems a day??  Here's what I've noticed...  An individual purchases a
system from you and what happens??  They have to post *in this forum* to get
any response at all from you.  By this point they're so frustrated from
getting your email "auto responder", and the "full mailbox" message on your
telephone system I doubt they'd ever purchase product from you again.  Then
there's the matter of the screwed up orders.  Your frequent "website rfresh"
messages, no access to your monitoring contract, references to your
providing "UL Listed monitoring service" when the station you're using
*does't* carry any such listing...  The holidays in Brazil...  The three
unresolved complaints at the BBB...  Tsk!!!

> Others don't.

Check.  You're a perfect example...

> I have a large number of DIY clients successfully using complex panels
> like the ELK-M1 Gold and the Napco P9600 system.

Uh-huh...  are these people at all related to the aeronautical engineers and
pilots you know??

> I also have a few DIYers installing their own commercial fire alarms.

Of course you do!!

> One customer just bought an addressable system with over 250 points for a
> hospital.

Dr. Bass, please call...  Dr. Bass??
Now we'll have to coach another one of your lucky customers through
installing and programming a panel while you're out sipping tropical bug
juice on the Lanai... or bassking on the beach in Bahia...

>  It's not that hard to learn this stuff.

Nope.  Even you can.  I'd advise you to keep the "Sentrol Application Guide"
handy for the times you do answer the phone...  and make sure you tell the
client all about how *you* came up with all these brilliant solutions from
your "vast storehouse of knowledge and experience"...

> You need a modicum of intelligence and a bit of patience.

Along with access to the internet (and alt.security.alarms) for when you're
not available...

> For commercial fire you also need a licensed electrician in most places.

Which Nicet level have you reached??  "27"??  No...  "31"...   I know...