Re: User Code Change!

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:I7bze.181171$El.84859@xxxxxxxxxxx

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>

> > Do what I do, ride 25 to 30 miles a day during the week with more on the
> > weekend, helps several different ways...
> >
> > 1. Strengthens leg muscles
>
> So does pushing the mower.  Our property's pretty hilly in spots.

If you can push a mower 25 miles I'd agree with you

> > 2. Relieves boredom
>
> Nothing like walking through a spider web to relieve "boredom".  Icky!

Ummm okay........

> > 3. Takes time away from making useless jabs at certain people in
> > newsgroups
>
> The "jabs" are far from "useless".  I come here for the entertainment
(beats
> Oprah), the "kicks and giggles" as Bob W. put it, and to talk shop.
> Besides, Robert presents such a frequently large target with his many
gaffs,
> blunders, lies, and "attitude"...

They can indeed be entertaining however yours aren't in my opinion, even
when he's not saying anything you tend to pop in a jab when he's not even
part of the discussion

> > 5. Chicks dig guys wearing Lycra on funny looking yellow bikes
>
> In Vancouver you're liable to have a couple of cream puffs chase you down,
> never mind "the chicks"...

Haven't seen that, Mace or a small firearm should protect against that

> > 6. Lance Armstrong wannabees hate it when you blow past em at 30+ mph
>
> Heh.  That still "boggles".  If you could gear up to maintaining a steady
> cruise of 40 mph then you'd be able to use our freeways.  I imagine that
> technology isn't far off.  What would scare me is the "Vancouver drivers".
> It's also way to wet at times.

I wouldn't consider doing the freeways even if I could do 40 unless they had
decent shoulders. The only way to go faster than about 25 for long periods
is with a faired bike. the maximum speed record attained by one of those is
81 mph, with a car blocking if I remember correctly it's 150 set 30 years
ago, apparently nobodies been stupid enough to try it again.