Re: User Code Change!

"Father Jack" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1120243683.414667.8590@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi everybody, I have been a reader of this news group for a few years
> now and find it very funny, interesting & helpful.
> So now I'm in trouble maybe some one out there could help me. My
> question is - How do you change the Master User Code on a Detection
> Systems (Now Bosch)Abacus 6/14Com Intruder Alarm Panel? - User Manual
> is lost and Engineer Manual ignores this bit. I have to do this over
> the telephone as the person lives 80 mile away - needs to be simple -
> so as not to loose the code completely and end up having to  drive
> there. I thank you in advance
> regards,
> Father Jack

With system in day mode enter exiting master code and press "no" within 20
sec.
Keep pressing "no" until display reads "Co"
Press "Yes"
Press "1"
Press "Yes"
Enter new code and press "Yes"
Enter new code and press "Yes" again

should get a short confirmation tone and screen should be "U-"

Press "0/ESC" twice to return to day mode.

Good luck

--
Paul Ekins

www.lincsecure.co.uk