Re: To Julian From OP: Re: CO Detector Location Question

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:27:06 -0400, "Robert11" <rgsros@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hi Julian:
>
>Thanks for reply.
>
>Read it with quite a bit of interest, as I am about to return this Kidde
>Nighthas unit and
>buy another one.
>
>Yes, it's AC powered, has that pretty LCD display, has a battery backup, and
>I do have it plugged into the wall socket near the floor.
>
>Have been driving us crazy, as every day, perhaps (only) once or twice a day
>it gives a single chirp.
>No idea why; battery is brand new.

No idea, return it for a new one.

>Why do you feel that a location into an outlet near the floor is to be
>avoided ?
>(I'm just trying to learn)

CO is slightly lighter than air, so where do you think would be the
best place to detect it? That's right, no at outlet level, but higher
on the wall or on the ceiling (as in the dual smoke/CO detectors).