To Julian From OP: Re: CO Detector Location Question

Hi Julian:

Thanks for reply.

Read it with quite a bit of interest, as I am about to return this Kidde
Nighthas unit and
buy another one.

Yes, it's AC powered, has that pretty LCD display, has a battery backup, and
I do have it plugged into the wall socket near the floor.

Have been driving us crazy, as every day, perhaps (only) once or twice a day
it gives a single chirp.
No idea why; battery is brand new.

Why do you feel that a location into an outlet near the floor is to be
avoided ?
(I'm just trying to learn)

Any thoughts on the single chirp ?

Are First Alert CO detectors "better" ?