Re: CO Detector Location Question

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:06:54 GMT, "Russell Brill"
<russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The ceiling will work, but you'll be able to see it better if you mount it
>on the wall around 5ft (or your eye level) above the floor... Regards, Russ

Uh, why do you need to look at it? It should work fine on its own up
near the ceiling  (no less  than one foot away, like a smoke det.)
where it should go.

It does have a built in relay for an alarm or a built in siren if
battery powered, right? And not one of those pieces of junk that have
a 'cool' LCD display and plugs into an outlet one foot above the floor
that won't trip until you're dead from CO poisoning.

Gotta wonder about manufacturer's who don't even tell you how to
install their products. Oh, wait - Kidde - I guess that explains it.

Julian