Re: DSC 5010 Communication Problem

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4l1pf.378$xF6.52@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I tend to agree, they aren't subject to the same price pressures of the
> > other manufacturers
>
> IMO, market forces have less to do with a company's decision to move
> manufacturing out of the country than do the profit motives of CEO's.
We'll
> see.
> js

I'm not quite sure what the drive is....cheap labor? I remember in the late
70's Zenith, who pretty much had a big chunk of the TV market in the 60's
and 70's, went to Mexico for their assembly process. It turned Zenith into
the biggest piece of shit on the Market, and later, almost put them out of
business. Modular chassis, cheap Molex connectors, and snap in cards for
tuners, and voltage drivers, were a nightmare. Sony and Quasar/Panasonic
(Matsushita) were building TV's in Illinois. Go figure...