DSC 5010 Communication Problem

I did a takeover today on a 5010.  It is a brand new unit, version 2.0 and I
have the appropriate software, however, I can connect, but the panel does
not send data and the connection aborts.  Tech Support thinks its a noisy
phone line, but it sounds perfectly clear to me.  It is also a fully
dedicated pots line just for the alarm system.   Any ideas?