Re: DSC 5010 Communication Problem

Allan,

I don't know if it's related but I had a strange problem with a DSC
system several years ago.  After installing it I connected the panel to
my laptop and downloaded a program.  The panel fiunctioned OK but could
not complete a test signal to the CS.  After messing with it for a
while, double checking my programming, etc., I finally unplugged the
PC-Link cable and armed it for the night.  The closing signal went
through immediately.

I later discovered what the problem was.  The panel couldn't transmit
successfully with the PC connected to the serial port.  This was a
Maxsys -- not a 5010 -- and I don't even know if the problem still
exists on more recent releases.  If you had the PC connected during the
test, try disconnecting it.  You might be alright.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com