Re: UL Required to get License

> > Well, when you have a state alarm association that is representing over
750 member companies in the State of Florida, people start to listen.

Bubble Butt wrote:
> The problem with most state alarm associations (and likely with the
> Florida chapter as well)

How would you know?

 is that they do not represent all their
> members.

Yah that is right, the association lobbys the legislators to cater to a
certain few. Not that you are one of the inner cadre, but I will say hello,
for you, to the Senator in your district (Senator Mike Bennett) on Monday
the 12th, when we have lunch. They only work locally on ordinance issues
where those certain few operate their businesses. They only train
technicians (10,000 in our training data base) for those companies that are
perfered. They only publish a trade magazine that is sent to the Board of
Directors. They only have eleven regions with regional directors for the
eleven good ole' boys. They went out and founded the Southeast Security
Alliance made up of nine states, that shares licensing issues, training and
legislation support. You know the southeast if full of good ole' boys. Oh,
and for those that are reading, Bubble Butt is not one of them. You need to
be a State Certified contractor to belong. That is OK, I'll let him look
through the window because he sure cannot get through the door.

Bubble Butt wrote:
 > There's usually an inner cadre of golf buddies who control
> everything.

As if you would know....

Bubble Butt wrote:
  The association becomes their spokesperson rather than
> that of the entire membership.

Membership in the eleven regions vote for their regional director. They
conduct their own regional meetings to deal with local issues and if needed
get support from the other regions. Each regional director has a seat on the
State Board of Directors, along with the Executive Board, elected by the
membership at the General Assembly, two manufactures reps. elected by the
manufactures group, one law enforcement official, one fire official, a
governmental lobbyist, general counsel, and a CPA firm rep. There are also
several committees with the committee chairpersons appointed by the
president. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify this about
this State Association. You must have been thinking about the NBFAA, but
than again how would you know about any of it when you cannot belong. Do you
have any professional accreditations or affiliations at all? The ASA doesn't
count.