Re: UL Required to get License

Well, when you have a state alarm association that is representing over 750
member companies in the State of Florida, people start to listen. I know
your old feelings about the organization and not trying to push it on you.
Florida is now the largest State alarm association in the country and
growing. When this issue stopped licensed people from working in their
trade, it needed to be addressed. One voice representing the majority was
the best approach. One of the first steps was to make sure UL was operating
legally and was regulated the same as the rest of us in the fire industry. I
am glad that you, being one of the old timers, agree that there was
something that smelled like three day old company.